We don’t have snow to build a snowman, so I think I’ll have fun with corns, and besides , they are yummy, hehehe… It’s not supposed to be a corn-man. They are normally normal in round shape. But I just wanted to play some fun with my cooking so I did this.
This snack is one of many kinds that is popular in Indonesia. We call it Bakwan Jagung or Corn fritters. You may find a various recipe for this Bakwan jagung. The one I share here is my own created recipe.
These are the ordinary looking Corn fritters :
And this is how to make them :
2 ears fresh corn
2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
4 tbsp. corn starch
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 ground white pepper
a pinch of salt
Oil for deep frying
* Use a knife to scrape off the kernels. Throw away the cobs
* Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them well. You may have a light-not-so-thick batter. ( some other recipe may result in thick batter as they use more flour and rice flour. Mine is just not thick )
* Heat oil for the deep frying
* With a ladle , drop a spoonful of the batter and fry till the batter turn golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain and cool on paper towel or a wire rack. Repeat the process till the batter has been used up.
* Serve while still hot. You may eat it with tomato or chili sauce. But I just eat them straight away.