This week has been my Spaghetti week. I had it for my lunch on Monday till yesterday. The taste varied from sweet and creamy to spicy one. I put here the two that I remember to take picture.
This first one is Ketchup Spaghetti, adapted from Nami’s recipe at http://www.justonecookbook.com . I always love her easy recipes, mostly Japanese food or the western style with Asian taste. Actually the one I made is not precisely as Nami’s because I didn’t have the mushroom and green bell pepper. For original recipe, please visit Nami’s blog.
Aha! This one is my own recipe. I put anything that I could think of matching with the tuna. And I loved it. A perfect mix of Asian’s best spices, lemon cui ( Calamondin ) , basil, and chili padi.
Here is the recipe.
200 gr Angel hair
200 gr smoked tuna, cut into bite size
A bunch of fresh basil leaves , roughly slice and leave some for garnish
Juice of 1 lemon cui
5 gloves of garlic, thinly sliced
3 or 4 chili padi, thinly sliced
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
* Cook the Angel hair as its instruction, pour with cold water and set aside. I cook it half way I cook the other ingredients so the spaghetti will not becomes too dry and sticky.
* Pour two tablespoons olive oil into pan and stir-fry the garlic until golden and fragrant.
* Add tuna, chili padi and basil into the garlic, stirring for just a minute.
* Sprinkle the tuna mixture with sesame oil , salt and lemon cui juice.
* Add the Angel hair, stirring just until well combined. Serve and garnish with basil leaves.
Selamat makan ! Buon appetito ! Itadakimasu !