Lately I am fond of taking a day away from the city bustle. I pick up an open trip from a friend’s organized trips and just go to wherever the itinerary takes me.
As to any open trips, we will meet people and make new friends. And as to any encounters made, I know interesting stories of lives in a short scene.
I learn most of them taking the trip to get away from the hectic life they are rushed daily; recharging the energy,to have ‘me time’ from taking care of the family, or just to step away for a day from a lover and meeting new people. I think as an individual we need that once a while -to be lost – and find ourself- in an unknown place, circumstances and strangers.
Amazingly, after 14 hours or two days spending time together, we are no strangers anymore. We would say goodbye to an old friend, not just a person we never thought we would meet.
One day a lady ( she’s a bit quiet during the trip ) said , ” I can’t believe that you all have just met. It’s like you are old friends. I must say, I like this kind of meeting people.”
Then I said to her ; ” This is an open trip, perhaps like it’s supposed to be, we should be open up, just be ourselves . You’d be surprised that the feeling of talking to a stranger is gone in a blink.”
Well, we determine our action and attitude, whether to be a stranger or a friend.
Got a pack of fresh blackberries , about 300 gram. My mind split between eat them all or turn them into something lasts more than five minutes. Aha, muffin! I have not tried it before, muffin with blackberry filling. So here it goes.
250/300 gram fresh blackberries, rinse well under running water. Dry with clean cloth or paper towel. Put aside.
2 cups all-purpose-flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
114 gram butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
* Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
* Whisk eggs, butter and milk just till well combined.
* Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk well.
* And the blackberries. Combine well using spatula.
* Pour into muffin tins 3/4 way full.
Crumbs topping :
Combine 114 gram cold butter, cut into small size + 3/4 cup flour + 3/4 sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a fork or your finger to mix them all and make small crumbs.
* Soon as it’s done, top each of the muffin with the crumbs as much as you like.
* Bake the muffins in 190 C heat ( my max oven heat ) for about 20 minutes or until you insert a wooden pick and it comes out clean. Serve warm . I stored the rest of the muffins for two days and they still taste good.